[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[FIXED] Replay module - sound and naviagtion - OpenBW
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Poly_Optimize
Topic Author

[FIXED] Replay module - sound and naviagtion

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi All,

I am a Macbook user that didn't play this game since years and when I saw your openBW introduction on teamliquid, I did everything in order to test it. Since BW isnt offered to macOS, I installed a virtual machine (Parallels) and I downloaded the game from battle.net and tried the replay module. So far, everything was running perfectly. I was able to watch replay on my guest web browser (chrome on parallels). I was even able to watch replay on my host web browser (chrome on macOS, with my virtual machine off).

Everything works, but I don't hear anything and I also must use the mini-map to move around the map. 
  • Is there a way to manually activate the sound?
  • Is using the mini-map the right way to navigate around the map in a replay?
Finally, I want to say that this project is awesome and it is very nice to see dedicated person to make Brood War great again. 
Thank you

IMP
Site Admin

Re: Replay module - sound and naviagtion

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 am

The sound does not work yet, however, we forgot to add it to the "missing features" list. Thanks for pointing it out, it is added as "missing" now!

regarding moving the map around, you have 3 possibilities:
To see all the available controls, press 'h'.
See also here: http://www.openbw.com/how-to-replay-viewer/

Poly_Optimize
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Alright thank you for the clear answer, everything is working perfectly. So far, I think the best way to see the action is by left clicking on the mini map to follow the action. 

Do you think it could be feasible to add a feature to navigate with a trackpad? For exemple, when you press two fingers on the trackpads, you can slide to the left-right (X) and top-bottom (Y). The map could be a super big picture and you would just have to scroll where you want to go. I think it could be a smooth 4th option to navigate on the map. Thanks

IMP
Site Admin

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:44 pm

hey Poly_Optimize

I added your idea to the feature request poll as "responsive navigation".

Poly_Optimize
Topic Author

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:32 am

Thank you :)
I read the poll and I'm not sure what you mean when you write mobile devices. What I meant was for system with trackpad (laptop). I think the navigation with 2 fingers to scroll around the map (left-right and top-bottom) would be super easy to follow the action.
Thanks
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable