[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Feature Poll - OpenBW
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What features would you like to have in OpenBW?

Create a Save Game from Replay
7 (16%)
"Responsive navigation" (optimized for mobile devices)
5 (11%)
Replay Analyzer (Tool to help you get better)
7 (16%)
Zoom in and out
11 (25%)
Advanced graphs and statistics
6 (14%)
"watch together" synchronized replay viewing
8 (18%)

Total votes: 44

IMP
Site Admin
Topic Author

Feature Poll

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Vote for your favorite feature request here. Every user gets 5 votes, you can change your votes any time.
The poll does not include features that are already in the pipeline.

Feel free to create a new topic to discuss your feature request.
If you want to have your feature request included in the poll you can post it here.

l3rand0n

Re: Feature Poll

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 pm

I voted for everything minus the advanced graphs and statistics, my reasoning being that I dont want to see people getting caught up so much in the numbers versus whats really happening. Still, an endgame score card with some extra graphs included would be a nice touch, just not during the replay as I think it would detract from casts and tournaments. The standard build times/unit counts/other statistics like those in SC2's replay viewer are plenty.

shall_burn

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:18 am

Hello, 

I come from Russia, and my keyboard is originally in Russian, so I have to swtich languages to English. 
When I play WC3 it doesn't matter what language is currently on, Russian or English. If I hit W or Ц (that's the same key), a Wisp (hotkey W) is being trained. 

But when I play Brood War, I have to use only the English language, as when Russian is on, the game does not respond. So I may find myself spamming ЫВЫВЫВ trying to actually select larvae and train drones (SDSDSD). 

What would be awesome is that in your project no matter what language is on, the game responded correctly. 

Why would that be useful? First of all, non-English speakers will be able to cummunicate in-game in their mother language instead of writing in awkward transliteration.
Then, when one goes alt-tab and wants to write something, they have to switch language and then switch it back when returning to the game. The irrelevance of the language to hotckeys would make things so much more easy and nice.

Also the support of different alphabets would be nice too.

tscmoo

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello, 

I come from Russia, and my keyboard is originally in Russian, so I have to swtich languages to English. 
When I play WC3 it doesn't matter what language is currently on, Russian or English. If I hit W or Ц (that's the same key), a Wisp (hotkey W) is being trained. 

But when I play Brood War, I have to use only the English language, as when Russian is on, the game does not respond. So I may find myself spamming ЫВЫВЫВ trying to actually select larvae and train drones (SDSDSD). 

What would be awesome is that in your project no matter what language is on, the game responded correctly. 

Why would that be useful? First of all, non-English speakers will be able to cummunicate in-game in their mother language instead of writing in awkward transliteration.
Then, when one goes alt-tab and wants to write something, they have to switch language and then switch it back when returning to the game. The irrelevance of the language to hotckeys would make things so much more easy and nice.

Noted, and agree. Could you check at http://www.openbw.com/replay-viewer/ with the current control hotkeys (press h to get a list)? The input polling for the replay viewer is done in a different way than will be done for the playable client, but still it would be nice to know whether the current method is language dependent or not (I think it might be).

Adakite

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:02 am

All features are great. I specifically like "Zoom in and out", "watch together", and "Responsive navigation". Those would be my main votes. 

I'm not sure what "Create a Save Game from Replay" is about. Something similar to the SC2 feature of "resume gameplay / play from here" in a replay? That would be very useful. 

Also not sure what the Replay Analyzer is about but sounds interesting. 

The advanced graphs and statistics would be nice too. As you probably know, they have them in SC2. They were useful to me to see how much economy I had compared to the enemy and when the army supplies increased or decreased. Maybe a build order tab for the first 50 or 60, maybe even 100, supply or the first 7 minutes with a time stamp and "supply stamp"? E.g. 0:02 Drone 4/9, 0:15 Drone 5/9 etc.

shall_burn

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:12 am

Hello, 

Noted, and agree. Could you check at http://www.openbw.com/replay-viewer/ with the current control hotkeys (press h to get a list)? The input polling for the replay viewer is done in a different way than will be done for the playable client, but still it would be nice to know whether the current method is language dependent or not (I think it might be).
Thank you for your answer.
Please pardon me for a late response. Yes, it works fine with both English "H" and Russian "Р" (same key).
On the other note, would it be possible to implement something like "offer draw" button? 

IMP
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 pm

the "mobile device" support should include support for track pads, to e.g. move around the map with two fingers.
this was suggested in the bug fix forum.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable